This week was kind of a blur. We had a ton going on and had no time o sit still.
On Tuesday, we had a crazy experience. There is an old lady in our branch who lives in a care center and we visit her from time to time. She cracks us up- she always texts us "GLORY TO GOD MAY HE PRESERVE AND PROTECT YOU AMEN HIS IS THE POWER AND GLORY AMEN" when she wants us to come visit. So we went to her care facility, and one of her caretakers started asking about our book. She left and said "I'll be right back, I have to do something." Then two other caretakers came in and started asking about it, and the first returned and we gave them the first lesson. We returned later in the week with copies of the Book of Mormon for them and their families.
Friday, President came down to spend a day with us. We spent ten hours meeting with members. I learned so much in that short little window. He also gave us some advice for working with the less-active members of our branch and how to get people involved in the church and not just coming. The members loved being able to meet with him.
Sunday was our district conference (a stake conference for branches, not wards). We watched over satellite. Right before Priesthood session started, a guy came in wanting to know about the Book of Mormon. He said "I'll be back after this ends" so e came back before the general session. He got really heated when we started teaching about the Book of Mormon and stormed out. We began watching the general session, and then noticed someone out the window. It was the same guy...with anti-propaganda, and four police vans. But the police weren't tying to get him to leave, they were just watching! Eventually the cops left but the guy started banging on our locked door and windows, and after about 45 minutes, he left.
I don't believe that the ladies in the hospital and the protester showing up were a coincidence. The Lord's work is moving faster than ever, and the adversary is using every resource he has to stop the work and discourage those carrying out the Lord's will.
This week I saw the Lord's hand in having my mouth filled. I have trouble talking to people on public transport, because that is a super not Russian thing to do. It goes against the culture. I never know what to say- it would almost be easier if we could just ask them about religion (but clearly that didn't work before the law). But I saw this WAY TALL young dude on the bus and the thought just popped into my head "Basketball". So we started talking and will hopefully meet at some point.
Read your scriptures, pray, and preach the word!
Elder Wilkins
No comments:
Post a Comment