It's been a standard week. Wake up, eat, class, eat, class, exercise, eat, study and teach, journal, sleep. I've run into many more missionaries I know, including Rachel Morgan! She is phenomenal. It was weird seeing her with long hair because last time i saw her it was a pixie cut. Friday and Saturday were pretty relaxed (as relaxed as you can be in a classroom 10 1/2 hours a day). Sunday we had meetings and our companionship taught about the Book of Mormon in district meeting. We started with a new investigator, Tapac (pronounced Tuh-rawss). He started off telling us he hated God if God was sick because his sister was terminally ill, but by the second lesson he said he believed "not much" which is improvement! It's actually just Brother Hale pretending to be one of his investigators from when he served in Ukraine.
| Me and Brother Hale |
Sunday for choir we practiced a MoTab arrangement of Praise to the Man, which we sang Tuesday. Mike Lusvardi spoke Sunday, and it was phenomenal. He was super funny, even though he seemed very tame and quiet at first. We then watched "Missions are Forever" by Elder Holland, which reaffirmed my commitment to be as obedient as possible.
Monday was a regular day, except for the fact that I am becoming better at basketball and that I AM THE REIGNING FOURSQUARE CHAMPION (until Elder Spencer dethroned me last night). I'll get it back though.
Tuesday's devotional was given by Ulisses Soares of the Presidency of the Seventy. As great as it was and as much as I love missionary work, I want more people to come and speak to us about doctrine and not just our duty as missionaries. Ironic, huh? The Gospel in a nutshell right there, ironies.
Yesterday I got to host four missionaries. The craziest was Elder Remington from Calgary, Canada. His family roadtripped to drop him off and he is going to Seoul, South Korea. I also ran into Elder Aaron Scott, who thinks he was in the same ward in Gilbert as Uncle Matt and Aunt Ali.
| The District |
As a side note, I have become beloved in my district for my impressions. They are particularly fond of my Kronk, Louis Armstrong, and FDR.
I can feel the spirit when it's here a lot more than I was able to tell before I came to the MTC. I can also feel my heart being changed. The Spirit doesn't always make me emotional like it did those awkward few last weeks, unless we are talking about Joseph Smith. Love that man. Can't wait to chill with him in Celestial glory. I also am a lot happier than I have ever been and I can feel that I am filled with love. It's been a week! I'll let you know when my Madrid P-day is.
--
Elder Wilkins
Старейшина Вылкынс
| Comps and Bro Hale |
No comments:
Post a Comment