Monday, July 10, 2017

The Seventh Sister

Hey all!

It was a little bit of a crazy week here in Moscow. We had a quarter of the mission go home, and a lot of areas were shotgunned (both companions left and two new ones came in). So Elder Miller and I got assigned to help haul luggage around Moscow for awhile.

Our district gained another companionship, the Podolsk Elders, who serve in an area just south of Moscow. We had district meeting with our new district, (5/6  of the members of our district came onto the mission together, which is pretty cool) and took care of some of the administrative stuff that accompanies big transfers.

Throughout the week, Elder Miller and I were able to find quite a few people to teach. We got in contact with 5 people who had been formerly investigating the church, and were ready to continue, and we also met with a woman named Svetlana. She had met one of the elders on a train, and her information was passed to us. The first lesson went really well- she herself said she was already half-Mormon! We have been so blessed by the Lord in our search for those ready to accept the gospel.

Crazy story of the week-
There are seven massive buildings in Moscow from the Soviet period (built in the late 40s and early 50s) that are identical. We call them the seven sisters, and at least one can be seen from almost anywhere in Moscow. One of the BYU interns invited us to dinner with his 3rd cousin twice removed or something who lives in one in the very center of Moscow! She was this sweet little old lady named Marina. Her apartment was right off of the Moscow river, and had a view onto Red Square. It was pretty cool. She already has 3 copies of the Book of Mormon, so she declined taking another one off of our hands.

The church is true.
God bless America.
Say your prayers every morning and every night!

-- 

Elder Wilkins

From Jake's mom:  Jake let us know that he was able to confer Oleg the Aaronic Priesthood this week!
Also, I asked him about last week's title regarding socks.  Here is his response:
Basically I have socks I'm not allowed to wear, and they were my only clean socks. So that was the question I asked myself at that moment. And then I put on some dirty socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment