Well, hey everyone. It's been awhile. It feels like 3 weeks has passed, because the last week has fried my brain.
Elder Miller left Tuesday night for his new area, and I met up with Elder Bedke, another elder in my group. Until the actual transfer came around, we covered both of our areas. It was a TON of traveling. Each day felt like two days, because we would spend the beginning of the day in one area, and then move to the other. It was exhausting. We managed to still get a lot of good work done.
The highlights were meeting with members in Kolomenskii park (where another monarch's summer home was built), stopping by a crazy old guy who curtsied in his very long polo shirt when he introduced himself, and sports day. We met with a lot of inactive members this week. Unfortunately, the vast majority of investigators we are working with are out of town.
Saturday on our way to the sports day the stake holds, Elder Bedke and I got stuck in the elevator. I guess those things aren't designed to handle too much fun. Sooooo we sang hymns for 40 mins. The mechanic who busted us out seemed to appreciate it. We did see a miracle this week at church! One of our investigators, Kirill, would be ready for baptism if he would attend church regularly. I had only ever seen him at church twice, and he only stayed for first hour. But this week he came and stayed the whole time. We also had a member from Germany come to our branch and bring her non-member son who is studying at Moscow University!
Transfer calls came in Saturday night, and I am going to be serving with Elder Bushlaev! He is the only Russian Elder in the mission, and he's like 7 feet tall, so he and I will be quite the pair walking down the street.
Sorry for the short email, but duty calls.
The book is blue, the Gospel is true!
Elder Wilkins
No comments:
Post a Comment