Hey everyone, I'm still here in one piece.
So...transfers. Yeah. Elder Pacheco and I shotgunned two areas this week. They pulled four Elders out, and threw the two of us in, and then they assigned the sisters in Rechnoi to also cover the International ward, so we have plenty of things to be figuring out. We barely managed to get our feet under us, there is so much. But wow. Rechnoi. Perk number one, we live in the very center of Moscow. Like a short stroll from Red Square. Cool, right? Perk number two, our ward is the highest functioning unit in Russia, I'm pretty sure. We have a ward council, PEC, a full callings list, and an ACTIVE ward mission leader. With a ward mission plan. I cried real tears when I saw a ward mission plan.
So Monday, I came to the area while Elder Pacheco was on a visa trip. Tuesday, I spent the day getting briefed by the 4 elders who left. The rest of the week was a blur. We met with our bishop to figure out what he expects of us, and we started off strong. I think both at our meeting with him and at church on Sunday, we gave a really good impression, and the members understand we are here to do work, and we need their help. The other thing that's great is that a significant number of our members and young couples who are both RMs. Here we go!
We got a call one night from President McGhie, who got a call from a member of his ward. This member, Caesar, is friends with a man named Vartan who earlier investigated the church. Well, Vartan wanted to be baptized the following day. Instead of doing that, we met with him, taught the Restoration, and got him started on the path to conversion. It was awesome.
The book is blue, the gospel is true!
Elder Wilkins
Sorry, no pics this week. Tough luck
No comments:
Post a Comment