Aloha!
Hola!
One thousand years will give you such a crick in the neck!
Привет дорогие!
After our somewhat challenging week last week, the Lord decided to keep us on our toes. I don't hesitate to say this was the most unusual week of my mission, as a whole. On Monday, I got re-registered in Moscow, and we said goodbye to Elder Knowles, who was reassigned to Seattle (see pics).
Tuesday we met again with Maxim. It was an interesting lesson about the Restoration. It was going by the text book, just ideal, until our recently reactivated member piped up. " Hey, but like if you're not ready now, that's ok. In fact, it might be better to wait a while until you are a little older and can understand spiritual truth. And who knows, maybe this isn't the church for you yet, and you have to join a few other churches before realizing this is the one for you." Facepalm. But he agreed to read the Book of Mormon and pray, and is interested in further discussion.
Wednesday and Thursday we had exchanges with Elder Webb and Elder Bushlaev. I got a text out of the blue from some guy named Vitalii, who wanted to meet. Turns out he is a former investigator, who wants to start the discussions again. So we taught him about faith, repentance, and baptism, and discussed why he hadn't received answers in the past. He agreed to try reading and praying again, this time with real intent instead of mild curiosity. Nice.
Later that night, I ate an entire pomegranate. Bad decision. Right before bed, my stomach started cramping, and when I went to bed, I just laid there in agony. Luckily, I made it to the bathroom before pomegranate-colored puke erupted from my face. After 20 minutes of that pleasant experience, I woke up my companion to give me a blessing. I continued for the rest of the night to sleep restlessly and go puke again. In the morning, we had to get up early and take a 2 hour metro ride up to MLC. That, too, was not the most pleasant, but we made it there, did our thing, and I went to bed when we got home.
Saturday night, we had another really good meeting with Marat and Ira. They still aren't ready to come to church, btu they are trying to get things in order so that they can in the future. We also got a text from Ilia saying his phone got stolen, otherwise he would have called earlier. He finished the Book of Mormon in a month and said it changed his life! We were so stoked to hear that from him.
We also got the transfer call that day. I am going to shotgun the Rechnoi Elders companionship with Elder Pacheco, who's been out about a year now. I leave later tonight, so at church I spent a lot of time saying goodbyes. It is always hard to leave areas, but this one has a special place in my heart.
The gospel is true, yo
Elder Wilkins
No comments:
Post a Comment