Saturday at the park my companion was Elder Bobrovskii, the special ops Russian pilot elder. We only talked to eight people, but they were long discussions.
Our fast started after lunch. It was the easiest fast I had ever participated in. Elder Franckowiak spent a lot of the day pacing the hall, reading the Russian Book of Mormon aloud. My testimony of God reaching out to His children any way He can (including other faiths) was strengthened.
For Fast and Testimony Meeting on Sunday I never got the chance to get up because everyone wanted to. Afterwards I decided I would bear testimony at every available opportunity from here on out. I want people to know what I know and why I am the way that I am. We set a CCM goal to only speak our language on the fourth floor, where our classes are. President taught a Plan of Salvation devotional using Disneyland as a metaphor. It was fire.
Monday, Elder McKendrick and I had a deep doctrinal discussion about whether or not the Plan would function without Satan. I had a a really good argument until I read 2 Nephi 2. We used the Living Christ as the focus in our discussion with Maxmyr. Every lesson so far has been about Christ and it was a home run. It cemented his testimony of Christ.
Every night at 10 we get together for zone prayer. Our zone leaders are some interesting characters, so Elder Franckowiak and I decided to prank them. We had the entire zone climb into and hide in their closets at 9:55. The zone leaders were super confused, and eventually decided to pray on their own, at which point we all silently crept in. They jumped three feet when they opened their eyes. It was hysterical.
Tuesday Maxmyr accepted a baptismal invitation for July 26. It was awesome. When we went to play frisbee, we ran into some members (teenage guys) and played futbol. They had visited the temple, then waited at the park until the volunteers came so they could play. It was weird realizing I was a volunteer and members looked to us.
Yesterday we sort of committed Anastasia to baptism. One of our teachers, Brother Bosef, gave a lesson on companionships and loving one another. It got me really bummed, thinking about how Elder Franckowiak and I will only be companions for a little over three weeks more.
Today we went in to the city to take some pictures and shop. It was a lot of fun. I bartered with a guy on the street and got a Real Madrid jersey for 15E (about $19).
I was studying Moroni 10 the other day and discovered some really interesting things. I would challenge everyone to go and read it (paying particular attention to v. 33 in context) and recognize what is important about Moroni's final words.
The days are monotonous, but luckily I have four different colors of pants AND three different kinds of tic tacs. I'm really excited to fly to Moscow at 9:00 a.m. on August 02, 2016, in case I have yet to make it apparent.
Elder Wilkins
Старейшина Вылкынс
(These are the pictures he sent this week, but there is no explanation about any of them. Feel free to imagine Jake's voice describing the buildings of downtown Madrid to you. Or, if you prefer and are a little more imaginative, imagine it in his Mayor of Whoville voice :)
No comments:
Post a Comment