So we landed here in Moscow 5:45ish Moscow time. President and Sister McGhie and a few other missionaries met us at the airport. We all loaded into a van and headed to the office. I love it here already. It's super beautiful-tons and tons of trees. The parts of the city we drove through were interesting, lots of apartment buildings that look like ruins and such. It feels so different.
I was told by one of the APs I'll be serving in part of Moscow city, about an hour away from the mission office by metro. Also, good news! We can use Elder, just not missionary, as I understand.
We met two of the McGhie kids- Nate who is 18 and headed to BYU this month, and Sage who is starting freshman year at an international school. They have an older daughter married in Provo, and two younger kids we haven't met yet.
So tomorrow we start orientation, do interviews with President, and head to Red Square to take some pictures. Thursday will wrap up orientation, we will head to our area, and meet our trainers. As a side note, we get iPod touches, but can only listen to hymns as I understand. Our old zone leader, Elder Lester, is here as well. Super excited to get out. Love ya!
--
Elder Wilkins
No comments:
Post a Comment