| Last week's YSA Activity |
It's been a super busy, spiritual week! Monday night we rode a train for 4 hours to Nizhny Novgorod out east, to go on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. We went to their district meeting, did some training, met some members and it was a blast. I was with Elder Mugerian, who has been out for about 14 months.
Wednesday we headed back. When we got home, we heard there was an epidemic in Moscow, that was linking diarrhea to watermelon consumption. That answered a lot of burning questions in our apartment.
Thursday we went to this WW2 Museum called Парк Победы (Victory Park). Out front there was a statue of Saint George slaying a dragon covered in swastikas. Inside, there were lots of dioramas, the Hall of Memory and Sorrow, and the Hall of Glory. We don't think about it, but Russia suffered the most casualties of all in "the Great Patriotic War" so it's very culturally important.
Saturday, a bunch of volunteers and YSA went to a lake up north to do cleanup as service. It was really nice to catch up with the others from my group and to wear P-day clothes, but when we got home my head cold hit me like a wall.
Sunday we went to Sacrament, and since I wasn't feeling well we came home and rested. Then we had a lesson, and later, dinner with a senior couple named the Henriksens. It was a full day but very satisfying.
On Thursday morning, I went to turn our kitchen lights on and there was a small explosion. The lights in the kitchen hall, and bathroom went out so we showered with a flashlight for a few days. Volunteer life haha.
When we were with the Henriksens, we talked about testimony and knowing for oneself. I want you all to know that I have my own testimony. My knowledge of the truth of this Gospel is independent of anything else. I love the Savior. I love the joy of eternal families. I love seeing the light in people's eyes. I love feeling clean through the Atonement. I know that the Gospel is true, Jesus is the Christ, and Thomas S. Monson is his prophet on the Earth today.
With love
--
Elder Wilkins
Bank in Nizhny Novgorod we call Gringott's. Hall of Glory. Attack on Berlin diorama. Hall of Memory and sorrow
No comments:
Post a Comment