There were lots of good happenings in the Sokolniki Elders companionship this week!
First and foremost, fresh coconuts are really good. But you have to use a hammer to open them (unless someone knows a better way...?).
We also "auditioned" for a volunteer Christmas choir that will be traveling around Moscow singing at orphanages, old folk homes, etc. We have practice twice a week, and it's super fun!
There was also a little misunderstanding with Vitali. He said he wanted to be baptized outside of Russia. We asked until he finally told us he wanted President Monson to baptize him in the Salt Lake temple but he didn't have enough money to get to Utah yet. Guess when we took him to a baptism in Moscow he thought it was a different kind of baptism haha. We set a new date with him for Nov 26th.
Other than that, things are going wonderfully. I can understand most things now (at least the thought if not the words) and my studies have accelerated. In my personal study, I've been doing some research on the Abrahamic covenant. Wow, talk about promised blessings. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to one day renew that covenant for myself and attain eternal life.
Elder Webb is a hard worker and is learning so fast! I already have him trying to talk to people on the phone, which is a huge deal. We are getting work done!
Thank you for all the prayers and love!
--
Elder Wilkins
No comments:
Post a Comment