Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

Привет всем!

This week we had a lot happen. We did as our area President suggested, and spent some time doing "non-gospel tracting". We talked to people on the streets for almost two hours and it was COLD. But we met a lot of interesting people, including a guy who knew we were Mormons about 30 seconds after we walked away. He had attended BYU for a year to learn English. It's crazy how people know who we are, even when we re not wearing tags

We also have an Area 70 who lives in our ward, Elder Astashov. We went and visited his family and it was so much fun! We ate and played board games with their 3 kids (ages 9, 6, and 4). We shared a spiritual thoughts on building your foundation on Christ. He drove us home and talked with us for half an hour about the need for the spirit. The thing that impressed me most that he said was "I don't argue with people. If I get them to feel the Spirit I have already won...I don't rebuke people. If they need to be rebuked, God will do it through the Spirit. My job is to get them to feel the Spirit...you and I do the very same thing."

And on Sunday, we went in with that un mind. We got approached left and right by people asking to meet with us (even those who had been avoiding us!) and people who needed help! It was amazing.

I know that God lives, that He loves us, and He sent His Only Begotten Son to redeem us. Let us be grateful to Him in all that we do!

Happy Thanksgiving!

-- 

Elder Wilkins
 "I Love Moscow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment