We had an amazing and crazy week!
We went and helped a member (who just so happens to have an "I'm a Mormon" video- "I'm a Mormon, Musician, and Future Father") move some stuff out of their apartment. His name is Vasya and he is a part-time vocal coach at the Bolshoi Theater. He was super cool and invited us to join the stake choir.
We spent a lot of time this week quilting and speaking English with Russians for service. We finally got ahold of a few of our inactives to work with, after trying for a few weeks.
For my birthday, we spent the day doing service and then went out to dinner at a 50s American diner. I think I enjoyed my birthday more when spending it in the service of others. Service brings such happiness!
We managed to find a few potential investigators at a service project on Saturday, one of whom is very serious and will be working with our sisters.
(I asked Jake what is legal to do/say about the Church outside the buildings since they found an investigator at a service project. This is his reply:)
So there are things we can say and things we can't. We can state facts (Except things like "The Book of Mormon is true. FACT." Probably get in trouble for that.) But we can answer questions in a factual way and if asked, say what we believe (We believe through Jesus Christ we can live as families forever) but we have to get people interested enough to come to the church for a lesson.
Thank you all for the happy birthday wishes and love!
--
Elder Wilkins
Birthday Presents (look at those guns! Somebody's been lifting weights!):

No comments:
Post a Comment