To keep it short, because there is so much to say, this week I left Sokolniki and got to Lipetsk. We have a super nice, little apartment right off the main road. It's way different in Lipetsk. We have so much work to do. Not only do we run the branch (I am the branch clerk and executive secretary, and my companion is Branch President), we have a solid group of investigators and progressing less-active members. Our branch is small, we had 11 at sacrament meeting including us, but the people here are very friendly. They are almost always willing to meet.
So we get around by buses now, no metro. So we talk to people on the buses and get their numbers, start working with them. We have 5 solid investigators right now. On my second day in Lipetsk, we met with one of them named Pasha. he is another miracle. He showed up at the church and asked "You can teach me about repentance, right?" It was our second lesson with him and we set a baptismal date for February 17!
Sunday we had our 2 hours of church, where we both spoke in sacrament, and Elder Mugerian taught second hour. Lipetsk is great. It's been 4 days, and already I am learning so much about the power of prayer and working hard. And I'm learning Armenian now, too, so that's cool.
До говорились!
No comments:
Post a Comment