Saturday, January 21, 2017

Transfers!

Привет всем!

We closed our choir this week, after performing at a special needs center, and making sugar cookies with the people there. It was a blast. We spent a lot of time with the YSA this week, helping out at FHE and other events as part of our calling on the stake YSA council.

On Thursday, we were privileged to go up to the office and participate in a training for the training companionships. It was great- we discussed "Our Purpose", the language, and elements of growing the church in Russia. We conducted quite a bit of it in Russian which was an interesting experience. We talked a lot about developing faith to baptize, and how many people are ready for the gospel.

Saturday our transfer calls came. I went one place I was never expecting to go-Lipetsk. It's a factory town south of Moscow, 8 hours by train and 2 more by bus. It'll be me and my companion, Elder Mugerian (who is the branch President), and we will be 2 hours away from the rest of our district. I'm really excited to get outside of Moscow and see what Russia is really like.

Sunday, we got a text at 3 in the morning from Bishop. He must have heard I'm going to Lipetsk and wanted to prepare me, because I both spoke in sacrament meeting and taught 2nd hour. Luckily I picked my topic to speak on and the 2nd hour lesson was the Restoration, so everything went well.

Preparing to leave Sokolniki has made me realize how much I love the people here and cherish my mission experiences. There is no place I'd rather be!

-- 

Elder Wilkins


A candid of me calling a taxi for choir concert (I promise I didn't pose)

Me and Igor Pavlov


Me and Artur Khusayinov


Me and Sasha Lisayevich 



Me and my boy Ivan the Terrible:

No comments:

Post a Comment