Hello, friends and family!
Let me start by saying I had no idea how dang good the average Russian is at ping pong. My lack of experience is embarrassing. We play every time we meet with one of our investigators, Oleg. We play ping pong and then have a lesson. He's started to call me his student. He is progressing really, really well. We taught the Law of Chastity and Word of Wisdom, and he accepted it straightaway. Tea is a really big thing here, but he said he didn't even like it anyways. He is an awesome kid. We are hoping he will accept a baptismal date sometime this week so please pray for him!
On Thursday, our entire district celebrated a year on the mission. We had party hats and a cake. Later that day, Elder Miller and I went out to a burger joint with one of our members, Mike. It really is strange to reflect on how quickly a year has gone by, and how much I have changed. I am not the person today I thought I would be, but the Lord knew better. Here's to year two (and hopefully 3, if I can get away with it).
Saturday and Sunday was stake conference for the Moscow stake. It was held in a big business building near the center of Moscow. We were joined by two members of the 70, President Samaikin (in the area presidency) and Elder Drachyov. There was a lot of talk about what it will take to get a temple in Russia, and how it is directly tied to the missionary work here. Oleg was able to join us for Saturday's session. On Sunday, I got to translate the talks live for the English speaking members of the stake. It was nerve wracking, but the Gift of Tongues came in clutch.
All in all, Elder Miller and I are tearing it up in Moscow, and we are seeing a lot of people come searching for truth.
Thanks for the prayers, year mark shout outs, and your personal devotion to the Savior.
Keep it real out there in the mission field , ya member missionaries ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment