GOOD MORNING AMERICA!
My companions and I had an absolutely wild week this week. I spent my last few days in Lipetsk saying goodbye to all the members. Lipetsk wasn't somewhere I ever expected to serve, and I did not expect it to be hard to leave, but I created a lot of really strong relationships there. The last thing I did there was attend the wedding of oun of our members, Rima. In a word, Armenian weddings are wild. Lots of music and food. We were happy to go support Rima, but it felt like an absolute alien world. Sometimes I forgot how much of a spiritual bubble we missionaries live in.
Thursday, Elder Birchall and I came into Moscow and parted ways. Elder Miller and I went and got my registration in Moscow City done, and went to dinner at Black Star Burger, this American joint in the center of Moscow. The burgers are so greasy they give you gloves to eat with. It was way good.
The next two days were stacked with appointments. We have a lot of really fun families to be working with in the University Ward, as well as a group of American interns who are bringing us friends from their classes constantly. We met with the stake President, among others. I also got introduced to three of our quickly progressing investigators. All of them are on the verge of baptism. Oleg is an 18 year old college student who is really honestly searching. Kireell is a man in his early 40s who has been investigating for a few months and LOVES the Elders. Last but not least is Volva, whose wife is a member. He has been coming to church consistently for 6 months and just has to commit.
There is a lot of potential in this area. ELder Miller and I are having a blast serving together again, and I don't feel like I have ever worked so hard or been so earnestly engaged in the work.
The book is blue, the gospel is true!
Don't forget to read your scriptures!
-Elder Wilkins
No comments:
Post a Comment